Friday, July 12, 2013

Preparing for Sunday School...Erasing Hell

For those of you in my high school Sunday School class, you know that this Sunday...We will start discussing a new summer reading book by Francis Chan called Erasing Hell. (Yes, I know all of you are jumping with excitement!!!) Since, I know you can't wait to go to Sunday School...I thought a good preparation for this Sunday (since you don't have the book yet...) is watch this YouTube video by Francis Chan. This video is a short preview of how we can really approach the gravity of the discussion of hell.

In addition, for those of you who really realllyyy want to go in depth (Yes, I am talking to all you A+++ Students out there!)...Here is a 60 minute video interview with the two authors Francis Chan and Preston Sprinkle. For those of you who don't know Francis and Preston, I included their short bio (from their personal websites) after the video:

Francis Chan: is the best-selling author of books, Crazy Love, Forgotten God, Erasing Hell and the host of the BASIC.series (Who is God & We Are Church). Francis is the founding pastor of Cornerstone Church in Simi Valley, California, and is the founder of Eternity Bible College. He also sits on the board of directors of Children’s Hunger Fund and World Impact. Currently, Francis is working to start a church planting movement in the inner city of San Francisco and also working to launch a countrywide discipleship movement. Francis now lives in Northern California with his wife, Lisa, and their five children.

Preston Sprinkle: I was born and raised in California, but God has taken me to different parts of the world. After graduating from college (2000) and seminary (2003), my wife and I ventured to Scotland where I completed my PhD in New Testament from Aberdeen University. While in the UK, I held a brief teaching stint at Nottingham University and then came back to the States where I taught Biblical Studies at Cedarville University in Ohio. In June 2009, we moved back to southern California, where I currently teach at Eternity Bible College and serve as an elder/pastor at Anthem Church in Thousand Oaks. I am happily married to my beautiful and energetic wife, Christine, and have three daughters and one son. In addition to my love for baseball and surfing, my family and I enjoy the outdoors (hiking, camping, having fun in the sun) and hanging out with college students.

No comments: