Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My very last New Year resolution as a single

I've been meaning to write a blog post on New Year resolution for the past week now. And it just hit me today quite suddenly that this might be my very last year for personal New Year resolutions...You might be asking what does that mean? Well, for me it means, its the last year that I will be planning goals solely based on my intentions. Of course, since becoming a follower of Christ, I have tried every New Year to seek God's vision for me for the upcoming year. But what I mean is that this summer, I will no longer be single and by next year 2013, I will not just be making plans for me, myself, and I...but for my wife, my family, and eventually my own children. Its a lot to think about for the beginning of the year...

However, I am so excited to marry my fiance Leah who has filled my life with joy, peace, and laughter. Psalm 66:5 says, "Come see what God has done, how awesome His works in man's behalf!" And indeed, I can see what God has done and I am truly thankful. So for this year New Year resolution, I want to take all that have learned in my life these last 23 and now almost 24 years of my life. And apply all the experience, knowledge, and wisdom to becoming a loving husband, a caring minister, and eventually a good father.

I imagine that if I could focus my three goals into three words it would be: Marriage, Ministry, and Missions. I pray God would help me begin a beautiful marriage relationship with Leah. I ask God to give me vision, patience, and energy for His ministry. Finally, I want to act on whatever mission(s) that God places before me, Leah, and my church to continue shining as a beacon of light into the world.

No comments: